Sometimes you want something and it seems that everyone in the world wants the same thing. The last couple of weeks that something has been lemon curd.
At Jo’s last week, there was lemon curd and since it seems to have been everywhere, eventually I gave in and made some!
I used a recipe from Nigella Lawson for lime curd but have (as ever) played with it a bit. I don’t always use it in cake or on toast, I’m more likely to mix it with yogurt or put it on a bowl of fruit.
75g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
75g caster sugar
juice of 4 lemons
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan, take off the heat
2) In a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and lemon juice
3) Add this mixture to the butter and return the saucepan to the heat
4) Heat gently and stir the mixture until it thickens
5) Let it cool and transfer to a clean jar. Store in the fridge.