It was from Back to Her Roots although of course I made some changes.
- I didn’t use whole wheat pasta and I used rigatoni rather than penne.
- I used cooked prawns, in fact a packet of these
- I don’t often use raw tomatoes in anything but I do have cherry tomatoes around a lot so I used a packet of them, they weighed about 9oz
- I used six blocks of defrosted and drained whole leaf spinach, instead of fresh
- I didn’t weigh the mushrooms but probably used half a pack, so about 4oz
- I made the marinara sauce. I took two tins of chopped tomatoes, a finely chopped onion, about 4 cloves of garlic and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and cooked it down. (Obviously that made loads more than the half cup required but who can’t find a use for marinara sauce?)
Seriously folks, it’s easy and quick and my mother was impressed enough to think about cooking it herself (this is high praise indeed!)