Monday morning coffee from my colleaguesDelayed trains because of the heatwaveBlue skies for most of weekIce cream and Salted Caramel Sauce to cool down Oli’s scary face..Oli, the football star…Lost dinosaursPikey corkscrewsNot pictured…
1) Mummy’s home and she did my ironing, I’d still love her if she didn’t but it makes me love her more!
2) Time with the very ill Kathy and Adam and getting to play with their toddlers, who are (as all toddlers are) funny, cute, frustrating and completely bonkers..
3) A new manager, a team move and thinking about what we want to do at work.
4) Oli was a delight and I think the way to deal with him is to take him out, once he’s home he misses Mum and Dad.
5) Oli stuff 2, he’s so big he’s calling Ben and Lu ‘Mum and Dad’ not ‘Mummy and Daddy’.
6) Just generally, I’m in this week of PMT central, I’m aware of how lucky I am to be able to spend time with the small people in my life, it’s not parenthood but the combination of being another grown up in the mix and being able to help the parents I know, reminds me that not all service is sacrifice and how important the adults who weren’t my parents were as role models and friends. It really does take a village and it’s important that there is one. I’m privileged to to be part of the village and grateful that I’m allowed to be. We all win this way!