Week Four or cold week as I’ve decided to name it. I needed to go into Ealing Broadway to pick up a library book and I didn’t want to go to West Ealing as well, so I went to the Tesco’s under the library. There was also a quick stop to Marks and Spencer’s for some cereal bars and I was done. The total was £12.81, so in four weeks, I’ve spent £54.50. Which is under the £60 that 4 weeks at £15 a week should have got me. I had an insanely full freezer and I’m working on using things I already have.
What you’ll notice is loads of fruit which I tore through (a real sign that I wasn’t feeling great!). Because I knew that all cooking this week would be of the reheat or eat cold kind, because I lack energy in autumn and that goes double when I have a cold. I made a big batch of chili, roasted a big pan of vegetatbles (peppers, tomatoes, courgettes, onions and capers), baked a loaf of bread and I cooked some chicken drumsticks and some salmon with pesto. I did all of that before I shopped, which gives you an indication of why I need to think about my eating and shopping habits. Finally in the food prep stakes, I cooked all of the baking potatoes I didn’t use last week (I threw them in the slow cooker, which is so much easier than heating up the oven but you don’t get the nice crispy skins!).
So let’s talk about what I ate.
- Thursday – mushrooms on toast
- Friday – chilli and a baked potato
- Saturday – chilli
- Sunday – roasted vegetable pizza
- Monday – chilli
- Tuesday – leftover pizza and chicken legs
- Wednesday – salmon and stir fry
- Thursday – tomato risotto and kale. Snacks. A yoghurt, an apple, grapes, a cereal bar
- Friday – soup and roasted veg. Snacks. A yoghurt, an apple, grapes, a cereal bar
- Saturday – toast . Snacks clementines
- Sunday – n/a
- Monday – courgette pasta. Snacks. A yoghurt, an apple, a pear, clementines, a nectarine, a cereal bar
- Tuesday – courgette pasta. Snacks. A yoghurt, an apple, a pear, clementines, a nectarine, a cereal bar
- Wednesday – baked potato and chili. Snacks. A yoghurt, an apple, a pear, clementines, a nectarine, a cereal barBreakfasts
- Thursday – Breakfast sandwich and raw vegetables
- Friday – toast and a poached egg
- Saturday – toast and a poached egg
- Sunday – Saute (potatoes, onion, peppers and kale) and a poached egg
- Monday – n/a
- Tuesday – Breakfast sandwich and raw vegetables
- Wednesday – Breakfast sandwich and raw vegetables
Food next week is likely to be a bit more scattered. I’m not working from home at all this week and I’m away over the weekend, so I have about 4 hours on Saturday to shop and food prep, we’ll see what I manage to get done!
Woah!!you ate healthy and yummy!!!!
BTW, if you have time, please visit my blog and if you like my posts, please follow my blog 🙂
I will #FollowforFollow 🙂