I really don’t know how I do this to myself. Work has been fairly non stop since my birthday. There’s a really fine line between being busy enough to keep me occupied and being too busy and feeling scattered and out of control. At some point in the last two weeks, I crossed from the former to the latter because right now, I just feel like everything is going wrong and I can’t get anything right and I’m running on a mix of panic and coffee.
I know that this is a distortion, things are not going horribly wrong all the time but it has been a week of things not going entirely right. There were no actually disasters, no-one died, no-one is homeless or jobless and everybody still has all their wits and limbs. It’s just annoying and magnified because I’m feeling hassled.
The cure to this feeling is to be as organised as I can be and to take a deep breath. So this weekend needs to be about making sure I am. I started the process on Friday night opting not to go for a drink but to go home and do some housework and have an early night. This morning, I got up early and did yoga before I left the house. I’m having my haircut this morning and babysitting for Kathy and Adam this evening. It’s also time for the return of the housework list!
- General clean (sort out the recycling and rubbish, mopping the floor and general cleaning)
- Food prep for next week.
- Make bread
- Make pizza dough
- Cook chickpeas
- General clean (mop floor, change towels, empty bin, clean bath, sink and toilet)
- General clean (sweep floor, change bed, dust, general tidy)
- General clean (sweep floor, dust, tidy sofa, put things away etc)
- Menu plan
- Monthly toiletries shop
- Buy stamps and birthday cards
- Return top that was bought weeks ago and that I will never wear
- Washing (clothes wash, white wash, towel wash)
- Wash make up brushes
- Wash hair brushes
- Water plants
- Back up laptop
- Charge kindle, ipad and camera batteries
- Put tent in the loft
- Get out suitcase, make a packing list
- Small clear out of the cupboard
- Sort out some new music for holiday!