I had grand plans for the weekend on the plot but honestly it was too windy, things were zooming across the plot. But we now have all three beds in, if not filled.I cut the verbena back but decided to leave the rosemary until next month. We harvested kale, leeks and chard and got very excited about the new leaves/buds on the gooseberries, raspberries, plum tree, blueberries and rhubarb.
I had my usual March/April envy of Dennis’ rhubarb (which he doesn’t even like!)Hopefully over the next two weeks, the weather will co-operate and we’ll get more done.
- Build new bed
- Sow celery, leeks, sweet peas and beetroot (indoors to go into cloche once up and growing!)
- Trim the rosemary and verbena bonariesis
- Have a bonfire
- Sow peas, spring onions, carrots and parsley (outdoors later in March)
- Tidy edges of the plot – nearly there
- Grease bands on the plum tree
- Paint the shed inside and out
- Plant up the walking onions
- Plant potatoes in sacks (mid month)
- Sort out a water but
- Fill all the new beds with compost
- Dig up lemon balm and put in pot