When asked this morning what I got up to at the weekend, I said that I didn’t get up to much. Then I thought about it, so in bullet form, this is what I did on the weekend…
- Went to bed at 8.30 on Friday night with a beer and a book
- I weeded a massive bed of strawberries at the allotments on volunteer day
- Started off the summer squash and cucumbers but ran out of pots and labels for the tomatoes
- Did the food shopping
- Did some food prep for the week (so much vegetable chopping!)
- Drank gin and tonic with Ma
- ‘invented’ a grey drink called the dishwater (we are probably never going to drink it again!)
- took almost no photos
- Made dinner and breakfast for Ma and me
- Got caught in the rain a couple of times
- Finally picked up my dry cleaning
- Paid for the allotment for this year (I still don’t have my contract back from them yet, and as a side note, if they can’t do that efficiently do we really think they’ll be able to build and manage a new development!)
- Got a bit down about how long it is going to take me to get a shed on the allotment
- but managed to frighten Ma with my wild plans for the plot
- Moisturised my poorly hand, which is healing up quite nicely now, although I do think I’ll be rocking a scar for a while!
It didn’t feel like I’d accomplished anything until I wrote it down, although in the spirit of focussing on the positive, I’m not going to write about the things I didn’t do!
How did last week go for you?