Today from 1pm the allotment gates will open to visitors!
Entrance is free and you’ll be able to:
- Wander round the site and see what is growing – we’d love to know which is your favourite plot.
- See our heritage plot and go inside our World War II Anderson shelter
- Find out more about our wildlife and history on a guided walk of the site at 2pm and 4pm – pick up a ticket at the main gate on the day
- Talk to our beekeeper and see his demonstration hive
- Visit our potager plot – to see how you could grow flowers and vegetables together at home
- See how one plotholder made a wildlife friendly shed from recycled materials
- Buy plants and vegetables
- Sit, relax and enjoy some tea and really lovely cakes from our refreshment stall
I’ll be manning the cake stall at some point during the day and we are all good bakers!
It’s the oldest allotment site in London and most of us (not me) are pretty knowledgeable about gardening and growing vegetables, we even have a composting loo!