Take today to talk about 12 things you would like to accomplish in 2012. These 12 things can be 12 resolutions, 12 changes in your life, 12 wines you’d like to drink, 12 cities you’d like to visit, or 12 monthly goals. The decision is yours. Good luck and have fun!
How will you resound?
This is hard, which is why it’s taken me an extra day, because if I say them, I have to do them. That means I can’t be half-hearted about them but at the same time they have to be realistic. So deep breath..
1) I will make exercise part of my life again, whether that’s running, bootcamp, classes or very long walks. I will to spent 2012 making it a priority. 2-3 times a week, nothing scary..
2) I will eat properly. I know about the drastic impact good food choices make to my life. This doesn’t mean that I won’t eat cake and have the odd cocktail but I will be more mindful about what I choose to eat.
3) I will set monthly goals. This is working for me at the moment and I’m not saying that I will always meet those goals but having something to aim at really helps.
4) By the end of 2012, I will work towards being 12st (that’s 168lb or 76kg to everyone else). That’s about 34lbs. I’m aiming for a pound a week and if that all went to plan would hit that goal just in time for Christelle’s wedding! However, I’m not going to aim for that, I’m going to say by the end of the year because stuff happens!
5) I will take more photos and learn how to use my camera! I have a lovely DLSR camera but I often end up using the ‘little’ one to take photos because it’s easier and I don’t really know how to use the DLSR to it’s fullest extent. This year Sarah has asked me to take photos for her wedding and I’d like to do it to the best of my ability which means getting to grips with the camera.
6) I will go on holiday this year. I don’t really do holidays but I would like that to change, starting this year.
7) Buy a new wardrobe. The one I have was a cheap canvas and wood thing I bought when I moved into the flat, it was less than £30 and never designed to last this long. Currently the only thing keeping it upright is some strategically placed boxes. Time to treat my clothes better and tidy up that messy corner of my bedroom.
8) I will go to the cinema once a month. When I was in Fulham, Ma and I went to the cinema practically every Sunday. It’s harder to do in Ealing, but I’m going to budget for once a month movies.
9) I will learn to crochet. Because I can’t and it looks like fun.
10) I will have a clear out. I have too much stuff, in 2012, I will look at the things I have, clear out the things I don’t need and use and organise the things I have better. (Like all things that might have to start in the kitchen!!)
11) On that note I will start to clear down the ‘To Be Read’ list. I’ve read 69 books this year and very few of them are from the pile!!
12) I will do another bootcamp with Jem. I’ve really enjoyed this one, despite the dodgy knees and miserable weather.