I am so over this week and ready to start my Christmas break so this is the last Friday Links post for year.
2. How about we agree on taking Christ out of Christmas. Worth thinking about.
4. Mother calls C-SPAN to yell at arguing sons. This is just awesome.
5. Last week, I was lamenting the US fascination for the Royal Family, and Ma replied that Americans love a dynasty. Here is Hadley Freeman making the same point. Although she’s wrong about the Stuarts 1707 to 1714? James I came to the English throne in 1603 and Queen Anne died in 1714 and The Stuarts/Stewarts were in Scotland from 1371. Ok, there was a gap for the Interregnum and Civil War but the point remains.
6. Passions run high at parish council meeting about allotments. Oh England…
7. Tom Hiddleston singing ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas’ and a puppy. You’re welcome.