Despite my positive attitude yesterday, so far this week has not been great.
There are a number of reasons for this, I caught the cold that Mum has been struggling with for a week, it’s November and it’s Stef’s anniversary on Friday. None of this is going to send me into a downward spiral of depression and self loathing but I am a little bit low energy and fed up.
Last year, for the week before Stef’s anniversary, we (L, H, Michael and I) had a phone call every night when we listed our reasons to be cheerful for the day. It helped and I’m going to do that today to help me with this funk and remember that life is good.
1) Coffee – I don’t really need to explain why I’m grateful for coffee, do I?
2) Flowers – I made the decision to have flowers in the house this month. I’m glad I did, they cheer me up.
3) Shiny, blue green nails. It is impossible to be uncheered by those, although it seems there isn’t enough cuticle oil in the world to make mine look good in photos!
4) The sky this morning. Blue and pink and lovely…
5) Medicine – today in the form of Night Nurse and cold and flu tablets!